With the New Year rolling in, it’s time for the New Years Resolutions to come out. I’ll tell you right now, it’s not happening. Every year, I come up with a new list of things that I want to do and I never follow through. But, now I think have a cure for not following through.
At the beginning of the month, while scrolling through my Twitter Feed, I came across this tweet from Tom. I replied to Tom saying that I was here, but little did I know what I was getting myself into.
After talking about how hard it is to make changes in your life, Katherine and Stephany put the call out to Twitter to band together and help each other. The project, which had grown to 36 people in 48 hours, would be called “12 Months, 12 Changes.”
The theory behind the project is that you will use one month to make the change you want and by the end of the month it will stick with you as you move on to the next change. The thing I like about this is that you are focusing on one goal a month and not multiple ones.
I am hoping to change some minor things and maybe some larger things that is on my 25 by 25 list. With the help and encouragement of other bloggers, I think I can mange to change everything, and more, on the list below.
In no special order:
- Stop drinking soda. My main concern is Mountain Dew, I tend to drink it like it is going out of style. It gets to the point that if I don’t have at least two bottles I will get a major headache. It isn’t my goal to completely stop drinking soda, but to maybe just drink it while out to eat (which isn’t very often).
- Run at least once a week. I used to be it really good shape (running wise) a few years ago, but I lost that. I would like to be able to get back into running shape where I can run a half marathon.
- Keep track of my finances and where my money is going. (bring back the budget). I started budgeting during October and it was going great. Then I started getting really busy at work and when I wasn’t at work I would be sleeping. Now that work has finally slowed down I want to pick the budgeting back up and keep going with it.
- Stay away from the food court at work (pack lunches, maybe have one splurge day a week). While at work it is so much easier to run right down to the food court for my lunch breaks. I want to start packing a lunch every day for work and maybe I will let my self go to the food court once a week.
- Blog at least twice a week. Blogging really helps me relax and get everything out. Plus, I love that I have such a welcoming community that will take me for who I am. I want to continue to post my “Tune-In Tuesday” posts and post something else during the week.
- Vlog at least once a week. I miss vlogging and I want to get back into it. I might turn my “Tune-In Tuesday” series into a video series, but I would still like to just sit down and record myself talking about who knows what.
- Photograph more, post one gallery a month. Oh do I miss photography. I am going to make it habit to bring my DSLR with me where ever I go and to take photos wherever I get the chance. With the photos, I want to share them more as well.
- Keep my bedroom clean, which includes doing laundry before it becomes a mountain. This one is self explanatory. I have the habit of doing laundry just for the sake of having clean clothes, then I just leave it lying all over my room.
- Read for 15+ minutes a day. My only free time to read is usually when I am on the bus, and I can’t do that because of motion sickness. I discovered that I like listing to audio books so I am going to try and download a few and that will go towards this. When I do have a free moment, I do still want to try to read more.
- Utilize public transportation as much as possible (GO GREEN!). I have been relying on public transportation for some time now and it isn’t so bad. Once I do get a vehicle back, I want to still try and take the bus when ever I can to help save some cash.
- Learn more about; become more involved with my faith. I have been going to church for the past two years, but I don’t think I still fully understand my faith.
- Spend less time on the computer. Between my Mac and my iPhone I am always plugged in. I want to get away from all this internet stuff sometimes. Maybe go out for the day and leave my phone at home or stomaching like that. I don’t want to rely on technology to get me through the day.
If you are interesting in joining me and other bloggers in this challenge then shoot a tweet over to @twelvechanges or comment below and I will put you in touch with Katherine.